In this episode, I again “go solo” to talk about some of the “default strategies” our brain likes to use and why these strategies get us into trouble in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) world. I cover the following topics:
- Our brain as a “giant survival organ”
- Our brain is constantly trying to reduce chaos and unpredictability
- It tries so conserve calories!
- It wants to validate its stories/models of the world
- It is addicted to seeking small pleasures
I also show how these “habits of mind” are misaligned with what is needed from the VUCA world.