I am so pleased to be joined by Carter Phipps in this episode of the Fully Integrated Leadership Podcast. Carter is an author, speaker, teacher, economist, tech guru, and political thinker who has dedicated his life and career to expanding consciousness…in himself, in others, and in cultural and organizational systems.
Carter’s new book, Conscious Leadership, which he co-authored with Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey and Carter’s business partner Steve McIntosh, is a highly anticipated book in the leadership space. Carter and I dive into the concepts they lay out in the book, as well as some of the stories of the amazing people and organizations they encountered when researching and writing the book. The book lays out nine principles for becoming a more conscious leader, which Carter explains in the episode.
We also dive into other interesting topics, including:
- How Carter’s upbringing in Oklahoma shaped the decisions he made in young adulthood
- How he bypassed Stanford Law School and decided to pursue his spiritual development in India
- His path back to the corporate world, working in the tech industry in CA and MA
- A major decision he made to leave the corporate world to again pursue a more spiritual path, this time working for a magazine
- The founding of his think tank, The Institute for Cultural Evolution http://carterphipps.com/think-tank/
- How cultures evolve over time and how he views our current place in the evolution of consciousness
Please order a copy of Carter’s book at https://www.amazon.com/Conscious-Leadership-Elevating-Humanity-Business/dp/0593083628
To learn more about Carter and his work, visit his website at http://carterphipps.com/about/